In 2017 there were approximately 9.59 million softball players in the United States. Whether it’s your first or your 100th game, it’s normal to get nervous before a big game.
No matter what, your team’s got your back. Get pumped up and ready to win before your next game with these 10 inspirational softball quotes.
1. Take it one pitch at a time. Take it one day at a time
Life gets overwhelming when we have to juggle work life, social life, and personal life. When you’re on the field, it’s your chance to take a deep breath and slow life down.
Take it one pitch at a time and one day at a time.
2. Four bases, three strikes, two teams, one winner. It’s not just a game, but a way of life. Softball, this is my destiny
For many people, softball is more than a sport. Your team becomes your family and the game becomes a passion and possibly even your destiny.
3. Progress always involves risk… you can’t steal second without taking your foot off first
It’s always scary taking a chance or risk and most of the time it’s worth it. The first step in finding out is literally taking the first step.
4. Don’t let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.
There’s always a possibility that you won’t play your best game or you’ll make a mistake. But, you’ll never know and you’ll never learn if you don’t play.
5. Passion creates work ethic. Work ethic creates possibilities. Possibilities create happiness
Having passion is so important, especially when it comes to working. Having both is bound to create happiness.
6. It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get back up. – Vince Lombardi
Just as you learn in life, you are going to get knocked down once or twice. It’s not about what knocks you down – it’s about getting back up.
7. Softball gives girls a chance to show the boys how it’s really done.
Girls have grown up with the precedent that boys are strong and can do anything better, but softball gives girls the opportunity to prove them otherwise.
8. The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital. – Joe Paterno
As important as winning is, you can’t win without preparing first. Failing to prepare is guaranteeing to lose.
9. When I step into batter’s box, the fans, the noise, the cheers, they all disappear. For that moment, the world is just a battle between me and the pitcher. And more than anything, I want to win. – Mary W.
Find what makes you happy, what gives you hope, and what gives you passion and stick with it. The drive to win is a wonderful attribute to carry with you.
10. Play every softball game like it is your last! – W. Bindels
One day you’ll walk off the field and never walk back on. Until that day comes, play like it is your last.
Inspirational Softball Quotes
Playing softball gives girls the drive, passion, and life lessons no other sport can. Cherish the days you’re on the field with your team that became a family and remember that win or lose, it’s about the game.
For more things on softball and trading pins, check out our website. Have questions? Feel free to contact us!